But lately lot of customers were requesting us to build a solution to integrate the payment system with an invoicing application such as “Freshbooks”. So here you go. Freshbooks has fantastic api documentation, and we used those to create a plugin that you can use to sell your courses online.
The process is very simple and we did not deviate it from standard Moodle. A user comes to your site and clicks on a course. Then they see the page with details of pricing and purchase button, When they click to purchase they are taken to Freshbooks to complete the transaction.
This invoice has links to do the payment options and the moment payment is successful, the user will be enrolled in the desired course automatically.
Now you can use all the features and payment methods of Freshbooks while keeping your students within Moodle.
Here is how it works.
- Activate the Freshbooks plugin in your moodle site.
- Go to Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins
- After enabling click on setting link it will show Freshbooks setting page where we can put Freshbooks user credentials.
- After filling user credentials we need go to any course where we will set Freshbooks enrollment plugin.
- Go to Course administration > Users click Enrolment methods.
- After you select Freshbooks method it will show Freshbooks enrol instance page. Here you can create your Freshbook instance for course as per your requirements.
- After completing this form, the Freshbooks enrollment method is added to the course.
- After clicking this button, you will get email where you can start payment for this course.
- Upon payment is completion, the next time user logged in where they are automatically enrolled in the course.
Take a look at the video below to help walk you through the steps.
Use our Freshbooks plugin for a seamless experience with course selling, and is included with our hosting.
Try our hosting with Freshbooks integration free for 30 days, simply click here to get started.
Don't have a Freshbooks account? Click here to start a 30 day trial.